Some adults are like children: children learn to talk by simply repeating what they hear. Only children are more intelligent than these alleged adults because children don’t just repeat what they hear but they try to understand it
Try all you want you can never convince some people that there is something wrong with Democracy. The reason why they hold this opinion so strongly?….they heard! They just hear and repeat
From this boxed mentality comes the ridiculous assertion that “the worst democratic government is better than the best military government”. The only thing as ridiculous as this statement is a Nollywood movie: so out of this world unrealistic that you have to assume the actors are actually from out of this world.
This same boxed mentality is the tool with which the evil called Democracy has been spread round the world so much so that it is almost take it or take bombs. Today 117 out of 191 countries of the world are democratic according to some studies: the world is not more peaceful, the people do not feed better and injustice is on an all-time high, matter of fact, from Washington to Abuja to Moscow the people are increasingly unsatisfied with Governance: take away the regional bigotry and ethnic sentiment, Abacha was not as hated as Jonathan.
Whenever one laments the failure of democracy world over, he is told that the examples he cites are not “true democracy”. Now let’s consider “true” Democracy for once without the often repeated notorious prejudice:
WHAT IS DEMOCRACY
A lot of people make the mistake of thinking democracy is simple and short: the Government where we choose our leaders by vote but this is not the case. Democracy is traced back to Athens being a political system in which all members of the society have an equal share of formal political power. When it downed on the inventors of this grossly unrealistic concept that their idea was practically impossible the concept of representative democracy came about. What this simply meant was since everyone cannot possibly be exercising the same political power at the same time let them elect someone to do it on their behalf. Due to this it has come to be defined as Government of the people by the people and for the people. A government based on the will of the people
THEN WHAT IS WRONG IN DEMOCRACY
1) Initial Error in Judgment: from what has been explained clearly this system comes from a very bad idea of Justice. “True Democracy” assumes that for me to be treated justly I must not be governed but must be governing. To “True Democracy” leadership is oppression; and you wonder why we call it foolish!
The founders suffered the same sickness that afflicts the feminist. She thinks the fact that the husband is the head of the house makes her inferior, she thinks that service to spouse is slavery except paid for whereas she forgets that that same husband should serve his mum. She thinks that if her husband raises her ideologically it means men are superior to women just for being men, she forgets that that same man was raised ideologically by a woman and hence everyone has his or her share of leadership at the appropriate time and place without a special unnatural arrangement. In a sensible system of Government everyone leads his section of the state but everyone does not have to lead the state in its entirety
2) The Will of the people is mostly wrong: True Democracy prides itself of following the Will of the people. The problem is that the will of the American people was that a sovereign state called Afghanistan be invaded by their Government who they thought powerful. The will of the American people was that Iraq be invaded because Saddam Hussein had weapon of mass destruction; they got to know later he does not just after their “will” has led to the mass murder, rape, and humiliation of innocent Iraqis in their millions
It is very easy to know how wrong the will of the people can be. Whatever faith you profess and think right, there are at least 6 Billion people who say it is wrong no matter how right it is
If there was a vote to be cast for or against fornication and the youths are aware that somehow if the vote against carries the day they will never be able to fornicate what do we think the result of that vote, or the “Will” of these youths, will be? If a vote is taken in the university to ascertain the “will” of the student on the subject “More Classes or More Parties”, what will the result be like? What else do we need to establish that this man made system is an age long display of daftness?
3) Source of Corruption: saying we want a corruption free and a true democratic Government at the same time is like saying we want to sow maze and harvest mango: It just does not happen! Democracy needs popularity, popularity needs publicity, publicity needs money, money needs godfather, godfathers need corruption. This is perhaps one of the wisdom in the position of the Sharia system of Government that “whoever campaigns is disqualified”
Or will any sane system not prohibit campaign? An alarming 5.3 BILLION US Dollars was spent on campaigns into the White House and Congress in 2008 in a country with homeless and starving people. As if that was not enough, the Kenya guy’s inauguration took another 150 million dollars with 43 million dollars coming from “donations” he received and we expect the man to “represent” the people and abandon those who cough out tens of millions in dollars for him to see the White House?
Here in Nigeria the records are unknown making the case even worse. If you so much as want to paste a postal around the country you are looking at hundreds of millions. What about billboards, tv and radio, campaign team welfare, e.t.c.? In Edo for example, even Oshiomole will swear that he is ACN because Labour Party cannot dream of funding even his campaign postals alone not to speak of the gigantic bill boards we see: how can such a person so in need of the money of others ever be completely straight forward? In the same Edo State we are told a Gubernatorial Candidate has spent over a billion of his personal money, this is minus those donated, where do we think these monies come from? The sky?
It is wishful thinking to think corruption will ever go away if leadership is based on popularity and publicity
Some will argue with a colonized brain that there is no corruption in America and the likes and this argument is laughable in a time when evidences abound that even the war that country fights is fought on the orders of those who profit from selling military hardware. The Government corruption in America is so massive it needs another article
4) The Majority Vote: another silly idea in democracy is the idea that majority is right. This idea is so laughable that major democratic states have shamelessly abandoned it. This is why you have concepts like Super Delegate in some countries; the democrats are seeing the lunacy in “true democracy”
How can it be that my Imam and the village drunk have one vote each? Do they have the same power of Judgment? How can an armed robber and a struggling gentleman have one vote each? Do they both want the police to be more effective in catching armed robbers? How can a prostitute or somebody’s “girlfriend” have the same vote with a chaste woman or somebody’s wife and mother? Do they have the same worth? The day the democrats will learn sense is the day they will learn that equity and equality are different and that sometimes equality is injustice
Why not let us be equal so that if you get drunk you are free to drive! Why will a drunk be prohibited from driving and not from deciding who leads the community? Why will a drunk have equal say with a clear-headed person with regards to Government?…is Democracy making sense to anyone? Some will argue that the drunk is a human being; we never said he is not, we have only said he is not the type of human being that should decide our affairs
Also, by this ridiculous concept of majority is right, 51 percent of the people can Lord it over the remaining 49 percent; is that not a bad joke?
5) One only needs to take a look at the popular definition “Government of the people, by the people, and for the people”. This means the Government belongs to the people, it is for the people and the Government is done by the people. The materialist will say this is the opposite of dictatorship, but the mentally stable will realize it is the opposite of Godliness. Dictatorship could be by force or by conditioning; the so called war on terror was fought by conditioning minds to think it had to be done exploiting their fear for their lives. Today there exist PR companies and media houses with professionals in manipulating the manipulatable “will” of the people to make the wrong choices; hence the Germans who loved Adolf Hitler, the Americans who voted Bush, the Southerners who voted Jonathan, and the examples goes on and on…now tell me, who has the ability to manipulate The Almighty Creator in such manner? How about His will which is not swayed by unnecessary sentiment and ethnicity and regional tussle for superiority?
Some will argue that in a multi-religious society like ours who interprets the will of God? I say we have issues we agree on! Every faith agrees the Almighty Creator prohibits fornication yet is fornication a crime in Nigeria? NO! Simply because the people’s will is to continue in this evil.
Every faith agrees that one should not be drunk then why do we still have beer parlours? Why is it prohibited that I call myself the President of Nigeria because it is challenging the President’s authority yet it is not prohibited to do what the Almighty has instructed us against…
GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE BY THE WILL OF THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR, THE ONE WHO KNOWS US IN AND OUT, DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKE, AND DOES NOT WILL OUT OF DESIRES!
Conclusively, let’s wake up from the slumber of trying to imitate other societies not because their system is working but just because of perverted reasons or inferiority complex we just want to be them. I challenge anyone to show me a country that DEMOCRACY has helped become what a country should be
DEMOCRACY IS A MAN MADE SYSTEM AND IT HAS FAILED, WHY NOT TRY THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR’S SYSTEM?
P.S.: If You Consider This Post
Valuable Then Please Share It…